What can we say about 2020 that hasn’t already been said? Pandemic, isolation, climate crises, and a white supremacist vying for the White House, again. We are indeed living through uncertain times.
But through this uncertainty, our solidarity shines through. Independent Jewish Voices has been around since 2008, standing shoulder to shoulder with Palestinians, Indigenous people, Muslims, Black Lives Matter, and everyone standing up against racism and oppression from Turtle Island to the Middle East.
IJV’s annual fundraising campaign is underway right now. We need to raise $50 000 so that we can continue this solidarity work in uncertain times, and we need you to help us. Please help us achieve our goal by making a donation of any amount today.
Where does your money go?
A $7 donation will cover one of our phone lines for one month, allowing us to network and organize across the country.
An $18 donation will cover one month of web hosting for our No IHRA campaign website.
A $50 donation will cover the cost of printing a banner that one of our chapters can use in a demonstration or rally.
A $100 donation covers the cost of sending one of our staff members to Ottawa to meet with MP’s during our lobbying days.
A $250 donation will cover the cost of one webinar with an inspiring, groundbreaking speaker.
A $500 donation will cover the cost of sending out a press release on the national wire service to news desks across Canada.
Some of our accomplishments in 5780/2020
- We defeated the flawed IHRA antisemitism definition in Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal
- We have spent countless hours building relationships with key allies and politicians.
- We produced a video about the IHRA definition which has been seen by over 10 thousand people, and a NoIHRA.ca website that stands as a beacon to activists and educators the world over.
- We launched our own much better definition of antisemitism, which will be distributed on campuses across the country in partnership with the Canadian Federation of Students.
- We launched a 3-part report on an EKOS survey which polled Canadians’ views on antisemitism, Israel’s annexation plan, and Canada’s failed UNSC bid.