- We affirm that human rights are universal and indivisible and should be upheld without exception.
- We believe that all people living within Israel-Palestine have the right to freedom, equality, and to peaceful and secure lives.
- We believe that the fight against antisemitism is undermined when principled opposition to unjust Israeli government policies and practices–including those that contravene international law–are branded as antisemitic.
- We oppose all forms of racism, including antisemitism, anti-Arab racism, anti-Black racism, Islamophobia, and intra-Jewish racism, which marginalizes Jews of colour, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews.
- We stand in solidarity with the Indigenous peoples of Turtle Island (North America) in their efforts to overcome the impacts of European colonization both past and present.
- We seek direction from the communities with whom we stand in solidarity and follow their leadership at every opportunity.
- We strive to be inclusive, justice-seeking, democratic, and open to diverse ideas and practices.
- We believe that true security requires justice and solidarity.
(The above principles were adopted at an annual general meeting of IJV members on June 14, 2020)